Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Wikipedia

Wikipedia is not a good source for information because there are to many dangerous things that can happen on it, in addition people around the world that may not even know what there talking about and try to give advice. For example,let's say I'm adult and I'm writing that book for people who don't know how to parent a kid and I didn't have any kids or any experience with them, so who am I to try and give advice? How do you know I can be trusted? How do you know I'm not a teenager pranking people and being stupid and giving false advice to people that really need help? You don't know.
Another reason Wikipedia can not be trusted is because vandalism is frequent on the site, meaning that people put false information, or write nasty and inappropriate comments. Once those comments are on there, there on there permanently, there is no one to delete the rude comments people submit.
I especially don't think that students should use Wikipedia because there are to many people posting false advice, making it very hard for students to use wiki sites for write- ups, projects, presentations.wikipedia can't be trusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment